The peer reviews are in! The notification letters with peer reviews have been sent out to the contact author(s) listed on the submissions. See the full list of all accepted papers here. If you have not received the notification letters, please contact us asap.
Below are important details about the presentation format and publication opportunities for accepted papers:
1. Acceptance is conditional on registration
Information and registration requirements for PRESENTERS:
You AND your co-authors can confirm your participation by registering online. Please note for a paper to be included in the program, at least one of the AUTHORS from a paper must be registered as an ATTENDEES by May 16, 2022 (Note: it doesn’t have to be the lead author and not all authors have to register for a paper to be included.)
Information and registration requirements for AUTHORS/ATTENDEES:
- To attend and participate in the conference, all ATTENDEES (including non-presenting AUTHORS) must register.
- Registered ATTENDEES will receive access to live conference events such as workshops, tutorials, panels, 1-min lightning talks (multiple sessions), e-social event, and the keynote addresses by Moya Bailey and Ethan Zuckerman.
- Registered ATTENDEES will also receive a certificate of attendance (upon request) and access to all recorded sessions.
2. Presentation Format
As a presenting AUTHOR(S), you will have two opportunities to present your work. One of which is required and one is optional as outlined below:
- REQUIRED: a 5-min pre-recorded video presentation – Your 5-min pre-recorded video will be posted to the conference’s YouTube channel and will be shared with all attendees during and after the conference. One or more AUTHORS can be featured in your 5-min pre-recorded video. Read more details about how to record and submit your presentation here (due June 20).
- OPTIONAL: a live 1-minute lightning talk via Zoom during the conference – The live 1-min lighting talk is 100% optional. Please note that due to the short length of this format, papers with more than one AUTHOR must choose a presenter from among the co-authors to deliver their paper as a 1-minute lightning talk. Read more details about how to sign up for this optional live event here (due June 20).
3. Publication of Pre-prints and Datasets
You can publish your work as a pre-print via EasyChair Preprint or other public repository.
- To help make your work more easily discoverable, we will work to add a link to your pre-print to the conference program prior to the start of the conference.
- If you have a dataset to share, you can also upload it to one of many data repositories such as Dataverse or Figshare.
4. Journal Publications
We hope that feedback received from other scholars during the review process and during the conference will help you to refine your ideas and develop your work into a full paper. After the conference, you are welcome to submit your full paper:
- to a journal of your choice, OR
- to a special issue of the Social Media + Society journal, published by SAGE, 5-yr Impact Factor: 5.073. (Note: all accepted conference authors will be invited to submit their full papers by Oct 15. The expected publication date for the special issue is Spring 2023.) More info will be provided during the conference.
Please email us at [email protected] if you have any questions.
We look forward to seeing you virtually in July!
2022 #SMSociety Organizing Committee