- Please read this important message about the 2020 SMSociety conference which will now proceed as a virtual conference.
- As a way to support our research community and to advance its scholarship we will waive all registration fees for the virtual conference, and cover all administrative and setup costs of hosting the conference virtually as well as publishing and copy-editing costs of the conference proceedings.
- Only presenting authors need to register and submit their pre-recorded presentations as a 5-min lighting talk.
- The video will constitute a presentation at the 11th International Conference on Social Media and Society.
- On the day of the conference (July 22, 2020), all pre-recorded talks will be released simultaneously via our YouTube channel and promoted across our various online accounts for the biggest impact.
- Participants will be encouraged to engage with this content in an asynchronous fashion by using YouTube’s commenting feature and joining our Twitter chat using the conference hashtag #SMSociety.
- More logistical details such as how, when and where to submit/watch the videos will be forthcoming in late April.
Registration and Cancellation Policy
- If you have already registered for the conference in Chicago at DePaul University, we will be issuing you a full refund.
- No particular session in the conference is guaranteed. We reserve the right to change or cancel any session in the conference for any reason without notice.
- In the unlikely event of postponement or cancellation of the conference, we will refund your conference registration fees, but will not be responsible for any costs, damages, or other expenses of any kind, including and without limitation, transportation, hotel, insurance and/or other incidentals expenses incurred by registrant
Code of Conduct
- The Social Media and Society Conference is committed to fostering a collegial forum for the exchanges of ideas and where all participants are treated with respect.
- Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns before, during or after the conference.