- Please read this important message about the 2020 SMSociety conference which will now proceed as a virtual conference.
- As a way to support our research community and to advance its scholarship we will waive all registration fees for the virtual conference, and cover all administrative and setup costs of hosting the conference virtually as well as publishing and copy-editing costs of the conference proceedings.
- The registration will allow you to attend a virtual panel on “DIVERSE VOICES: PROMISES AND PERILS OF SOCIAL MEDIA FOR DIVERSITY”.
- All pre-recorded talks will be released on July 22-24, 2020 via our YouTube channel and promoted across our various online accounts for the biggest impact.
- Participants will be encouraged to engage with this content in an asynchronous fashion by using YouTube’s commenting feature and joining our Twitter chat using the conference hashtag #SMSociety.
- Click here for more logistical details.
Registration and Cancellation Policy
- If you have already registered for the conference in Chicago at DePaul University, we will be issuing you a full refund.
- No particular session in the conference is guaranteed. We reserve the right to change or cancel any session in the conference for any reason without notice.
- In the unlikely event of postponement or cancellation of the conference, we will refund your conference registration fees, but will not be responsible for any costs, damages, or other expenses of any kind, including and without limitation, transportation, hotel, insurance and/or other incidentals expenses incurred by registrant
Code of Conduct
- The Social Media and Society Conference is committed to fostering a collegial forum for the exchanges of ideas and where all participants are treated with respect.
- Please email to email@example.com if you have any concerns before, during or after the conference.