(before June 1, 2024)
(on/after June 1, 2024)
|Student||GBP £200||GBP £250|
|Postdoc / Adjunct Faculty / Independent Researcher||GBP £250||GBP £350|
|Academic / Nonprofit / Government||GBP £350||GBP £450|
|Industry||GBP £450||GBP £550|
|“Developing Nations” |
Individuals who reside in a country categorized as “Medium” or “Low” Human Development in the most recent United Nations Human Development Report
|GBP £100||GBP £100|
Logistics of Attendance
- The 2024 #SMSociety conference will be hosted as an in-person conference. Some key sessions such as Featured Panels will be either live streamed during the conference and/or recorded for dissemination to scholars who cannot attend in person. More details will be available closer to the conference dates.
- The registration will allow you to attend all sessions, including tutorials/workshops, panels and paper and poster presentations. Your registration will also cover the various coffee breaks.
- See our Venue/Travel page for more info regarding the venue and UK visa requirements.
Registration Terms and Cancellation Policy
- Refund policy: You can request a refund of your conference registration for any reason up to 30 days before the event.
- Session(s) are Not Guaranteed: No particular session in the conference is guaranteed. We reserve the right to change or cancel any session in the conference for any reason without notice.
- Travel Arrangements: Attendees are responsible for their own travel and visa arrangements and should be aware of the potential risks involved in attending any in-person event during these unprecedented times. See our Venue/Travel page for more info regarding the venue and visa requirements.
- Postponement or Cancellation: In the unlikely event of postponement or cancellation of the conference by the conference organizers, we will automatically refund your conference registration, but will not be responsible for any costs, damages, or other expenses of any kind incurred by registrant.
Assumption of the Risk and Code of Conduct
- Attending an in-person event like this conference includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. We strongly advise all attendees to prioritize their health and safety, follow local health guidelines, and make informed decisions regarding their participation in the conference.
- #SMSociety is committed to fostering a collegial forum for the exchanges of ideas and where all participants are treated with respect. Please email to [email protected] if you have any concerns before, during or after the conference.