The International Conference on Social Media & Society (#SMsociety) is a gathering of leading social media researchers from around the world. It is the premier venue for sharing and discovering new peer-reviewed interdisciplinary research on how social media affects society. Organized by the Social Media Lab at Ted Rogers School of Management at Ryerson University, #SMSociety provides participants with opportunities to exchange ideas, present original research, learn about recent and ongoing studies, and network with peers.
The conference’s intensive program features hands-on workshops, full papers, work-in-progress papers, and panels. The wide-ranging topics in social media showcase research from scholars working in many fields including Communication, Computer Science, Education, Journalism, Information Science, Management, Political Science, Psychology and Sociology.
Starting in 2022, the conference will be hosted virtually every other year (biennially).
2022 Organizing Committee
- Anatoliy Gruzd, Ryerson University
- Philip Mai, Ryerson University
- James Cook, University of Maine at Augusta
- Zoetanya Sujon, London College of Communication
- Chei Sian Lee, Nanyang Technological University
- Jenna Drenten, Loyola University Chicago
- Céline Yunya Song, Hong Kong Baptist University
- Katrin Weller, GESIS – Leibniz Institute for Social Sciences
- Felipe Soares, Ryerson University
- More TBA
2022 Program Committee
For 2022, the Program Committee for #SMSociety will be authors who have submitted their paper to the conference for consideration. For a submission to be considered, author(s) from each submission is required to peer review (double blind) three other conference submissions.