For 2024, the #SMSociety conference will return as an in-person event. It is scheduled to take place in London, UK from July 16th to 18th. The conference will be hosted by the Digital Cultures and Economies Research Hub at London College of Communication, University of the Arts London.
The International Conference on Social Media & Society (#SMsociety) is a biennial gathering of leading social media researchers from around the world. It is the premier venue for sharing and discovering new peer-reviewed interdisciplinary research on how social media affects society. #SMSociety provides participants with opportunities to exchange ideas, present original research, learn about recent and ongoing studies, and network with peers.
The conference’s intensive program features hands-on workshops, full papers, work-in-progress papers, and panels. The wide-ranging topics in social media showcase research from scholars working in many fields including Communication, Computer Science, Education, Journalism, Information Science, Management, Political Science, Psychology and Sociology.
2024 Organizing Committee
- Philip MaiConference ChairCo-Director of the Social Media Lab, Ted Rogers School of Management, Toronto Metropolitan University, Canada
- Anatoliy GruzdConference ChairProfessor, Canada Research Chair and Director of Research at the Social Media Lab, Toronto Metropolitan University, Canada
- Zoetanya SujonConference ChairReader and the Programme Director for Communications and Media courses at London College of Communication (LCC), University of the Arts London, UK
- Felipe Bonow SoaresConference ChairSenior Lecturer in Communications and Media – Social Analytics at London College of Communication (LCC), University of the Arts London, UK
- Jackie Raphael-LuuConference ChairLecturer in Communications and Media at London College of Communication, UK
- Mark WongConference ChairSenior Lecturer at the School of Social and Political Sciences, University of Glasgow, UK.
- Harry DyerConference ChairLecturer in Education, School of Education & Lifelong Learning, University of East Anglia, England
- Omar TalebConference StaffResearch Assistant, Social Media Lab, Toronto Metropolitan University
2024 Program Committee
For 2024, the Program Committee for #SMSociety will be authors who have submitted their paper to the conference for consideration. For a submission to be considered, author(s) from each submission is required to peer review (double blind) three other conference submissions.