Hello #SMSocety attendees!
Welcome to Day 3 of the conference! We have two excellent workshops planned for today (see below). You don’t need to pre-register to attend them. Just check your time zone and use the same Zoom link from Day 1 & 2 of the conference.
1. The Early Career Scholars Workshop which will start in less than an hour at 10am(EDT) is organized by Zachary J. McDowell, University of Illinois at Chicago; Jenna Jacobson, Toronto Metropolitan University; Andrew Iliadis, Temple University; Kelley Cotter, Pennsylvania State University; and Shaheen Kanthawala, University of Alabama.
The workshop also features a panel of the established scholars who will share their insights and experiences:
- Andre Brock, Georgia Tech
- Caroline Haythornthwaite, Syracuse University
- Sarah J. Jackson, University of Pennsylvania
- Bill Dutton, University of Southern California
2. The next workshop on Social Network Analysis for Social Media Research will start at 1:30pm(EDT). This session is organized by Felipe Bonow Soares, Toronto Metropolitan University; Deena Abul-Fottouh, McMaster University; Anatoliy Gruzd, Toronto Metropolitan University; and Alessandro Zonin, Socioviz.
To fully engage with the content of this workshop, please install/setup the following programs on your computer (it’s not requited but recommended):
- Create a free Netlytic account at https://netlytic.org In Netlytic, under “My Account”, link your Twitter account to your Netlytic account.
- Download and install Gephi on your computer: https://gephi.org/users/download/
- Download and install RStudio Desktop on your computer from https://www.rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/#download
- Alternatively, you can use a free accoun on RStudio Cloud
- In RStudio, install the following libraries: network, sna, ergm, statnet