Dear 2019 SMSociety Delegates,
This is the second pre-conference digest with some essential information for your upcoming trip. If you missed the first digest, it is available at here
SMSociety 10-Year Anniversary Post-Conference Boat Tour Around Toronto Islands
- If your travel schedule permits, join us for a 2-hour boat tour around Toronto Islands after the conference on Sunday, July 21 at 7pm (19:00). The boat will return to the pier at around 9:30pm (21:30).
- Email us to learn more.
Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)
- New entry requirement now in effect: Visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to Canada now need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). **Visa-exempt travelers do not need an eTA when entering Canada by land (e.g. car or bus) or sea (e.g. cruise ship).
- Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travelers with a valid Canadian visa.
- If you need an eTA, you can apply for it electronically before you travel
- See more info here.
Plan your Conference Schedule and Workshops:
- Review the conference programme and select two workshops (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) that you plan to attend
- There is no need to RSVP for a particular workshop, but please review their abstracts to note any technical requirements they may have.
- Note that each workshop is split in two parts to accommodate a coffee break. If you choose to attend Part 1 of one of the workshops, please also attend its Part 2.
Weather in Toronto
~SMSociety Organizing Committee