The 2018 International Conference on Social Media and Society in Copenhagen is over, but the research continues. We are pleased to announce the #SMSociety CFP for a Special Issue in Social Media + Society Journal (@SocialMedia_Soc). The Social Media + Society Journal is a peer-reviewed, open-access scholarly journal published by SAGE. The purpose of the special issue is to showcase the rich research from #SMSociety scholars working in a wide variety of fields, including Communications, Computer Science, Education, Journalism, Information, Management, Political Science, and Sociology.
The Special Issue is open to all 2018 #SMSociety presenters (including full papers, work-in-progress papers, panels, workshops, tutorials, or posters). The Special Issue is scheduled to be published and released next year at the 2019 #SMSociety Conference, which will be held in Toronto (July 19-21, 2019). We look forward to receiving your manuscript. If you have any questions regarding the Special Issue, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
- Peer review: All submissions will undergo a double-blind peer review process.
- ~30% new content: If your paper was published in the Conference Proceedings, you are welcome to submit a revised manuscript to the Special Issue if you substantially expand/revise your paper (at least ~30% new content, such as new tests/case studies or expanded discussion that offer additional insight above and beyond the previously published conference paper).
- Word count: 8,000 words limit
- Citation style: APA
- SAGE Manuscript Submission Guidelines: https://us.sagepub.com/en-us/nam/manuscript-submission-guidelines#PreparingYourManuscript
- Manuscript guidelines:
- In order to be considered for this Special Issue, please submit using link below, rather than to the journal directly https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=2019smsocietyissue.
Deadline and Important Dates: (Midnight, Hawaii–Aleutian Time Zone)
- November 5, 2018: Submission deadline
- January 30, 2019: First round reviews
- March 30, 2019: Final editorial decisions
- Summer 2019: Publication of the SM+S Special Issue
- Jenna Jacobson, Anatoliy Gruzd, Priya Kumar, and Philip Mai (Ryerson University, Canada)
Research from the International Conference on Social Media & Society has previously been published in:
- Social Media + Society Journal – Special Issue http://journals.sagepub.com/page/sms/collections/special-issues/social-media-for-social-good-or-evil
- American Behavioral Scientist – Special Issue http://socialmediaandsociety.org/2017/introducing-the-special-issue-of-american-behavioral-scientist-on-social-media-society/
- Information, Communication & Society – Special Issue http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rics20/19/9
- American Behavioral Scientist – Special Issue
- Big Data & Society – Special Theme Issue http://bds.sagepub.com/content/social-media-society
- ACM – Annual Conference Proceedings https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=3217891