Dear 2017 #SMSociety Delegates,
This is the second pre-conference digest with some essential information for your upcoming trip. If you missed the first digest, it is available at https://socialmediaandsociety.socialmedialab.ca/2017/pre-conference-digest-1/
Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)
- New entry requirement now in effect: Visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to Canada now need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). **Visa-exempt travellers do not need an eTA when entering Canada by land (e.g. car or bus) or sea (e.g. cruise ship).
- Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid Canadian visa.
- If you need an eTA, you can apply for it electronically before you travel. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta-start.asp
- See more info at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta.asp
Plan your Conference Schedule and Workshops:
- To help you plan your #SMSociety’17 Conference Schedule, please create your personalized schedule at http://smsociety17.sched.org
- Please also select two workshops that you plan to attend by clicking on the “Add to My Sched” button. This will help the workshop organizers to prepare and get in touch with you with additional information before and after the workshop.
- Note that each workshop is split in two parts to accommodate a coffee break. If you choose to attend Part 1 of one of the workshops, please also attend its Part 2.
Weather in Toronto
- If you have any questions before your arrival or when you are in Toronto, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at email@example.com or on Twitter @SocMediaConf
2017 #SMSociety Organizing Committee