Submission Guidelines for Full Papers
All authors should submit manuscripts for review in a single column format. Instructions for Word and LaTeX authors are given below.
STEP 1 (Microsoft Word): Write your full paper (~6,000-8,000 words) using the Submission Template. Follow the embedded instructions to apply the paragraph styles to your various text elements. The text is in single-column format at this stage and no additional formatting is required at this point.
STEP 1 (LaTeX): Please use the latest version of the Master Article Template – LaTeX (1.67; published January 14, 2020) to create your article submission. Use the “manuscript” call to create a single column format. Please review the LaTeX documentation and ACM’s LaTeX best practices guide should you have any questions.
STEP 2: Submit your paper as a PDF file (without authors’ names) for review at https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=smsociety20#
For more info, see the ACM Master Templates page.
- Formatting Guide:
- CCS Concepts: Check that CCS Concepts are formatted correctly using the ACM CCS assignment tool available at: http://dl.acm.org/ccs/ccs.cfm
- Quotation marks: Use double quotes throughout for quotes or when introducing a new term for the first time. Use single quotes within double quotes. E.g. Author X explains, “Social media is ‘changing’ society” .
- References: Only include references that are cited in the paper.
- In-text citations: add a space between multiple sources. E.g. Use [34, 45, 87] instead of [34,45,87].
- Double-blind: For initial submission, please anonymize your submission by removing any identifying information, including author’s information, acknowledgements, and funding declaration. Please add the author information when the paper is accepted for publication.
- Capitalization: Article title in title caps (e.g. Social Media in Society); Top-level headings in all-caps; Lower-level headings Title caps.
- Spelling: We encourage using US spelling for your submission, but this is NOT a requirement. For consistency, please use the same spelling style throughout your submission.
- Page numbers: Do not add page numbers to the submission at this stage. If accepted, they will be added later
- Reference Style
- Please adhere to the in-text citation style and reference format guidelines that we use for ACM publications. If you do not, your paper may be returned to you for proper formatting.
- Note: For BibTeX examples see: http://www.acm.org/publications/authors/bibtex-formatting
- LaTex Authors:
- Before using the ACM LaTeX article template, everyone should read the TeX User Guide which comprises the first section of the document; authors who plan to use their own packages should read the longer TeX Implementation Guide which follows.
- The new consolidated template package replaces all previous independent class files and packages and provides a single up-to-date LATEX package with optional calls. The package uses only free TEX packages and fonts included in TEXLive, MikTEX and other popular TEX distributions. The new ACM templates use a new font set (libertine) which will need to be installed on your machine before using the templates. Please download and install the libertine font set before writing your paper. Fonts used in the template cannot be substituted; margin adjustments are not allowed.