Information for Paper Presenters
- Watch the following video on how to use the podium system: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J49BAYE2Ras
- Bring your slides on a USB key (also have a backup copy somewhere online), we will have a Window computer (with Internet access) and projector available for your use.
- You are welcome to use your laptop. Important: If you are using a Mac computer, please bring a VGA->Mini DisplayPort adapter.
- You will have a total of 20 min for your presentation (15 for slides/talk + 5 min for Q&A)
- General guideline of ~1 slide per min. Also, here is the link to a helpful post on “How to Give a Fabulous Academic Presentation: Five Tips to Follow”
INFORMATION FOR PANEL PRESENTERS
If you are on a PANEL, please
- Coordinate panel introductions, moderation, content and format with your fellow panelists before the conference.
- You and your fellow panelists will have a total of 1 hour.
Information for Poster Presenters
- You are responsible for printing and bringing your poster to the event.
- Poster boards (and velcro tape) will be supplied. The poster dimension should not exceed: Width: 95cm (37’’) x Height: 197cm (77’’);
- Suggested poster size: A0 (33” x 46.8”)
- Possible places to print your poster in London:
- Bring your poster with you to the conference on Tuesday, July 12 and leave it with our volunteers at the registration desk between 8:30am-1:00pm. Our volunteers will setup your poster for you.
- The poster session/reception will run from 4:30pm(16:30) to 6:45pm(18:45) on Tuesday, July 12. Please feel free to leave your poster up for viewing on the next day of the conference.
- Here is a link to a guide on “How to Create a Research Poster”:
Information for Session Moderators
- Identify the number of presentations for your session and allotted time
- Introduce speakers and presentations including: the speaker’s name, affiliation, presentation title.
Example:We have X numbers of presentations in this session on [name of session]. First up is [name of presenter(s)], from [affiliation] presenting on [title of paper].
- Monitor time of presentations. Presentation Time Limits:
All papers = 20 minutes (15-minute presentation + 5-minute Q&A)
Provide the presenter with a 5 & 2-minute notification (Signage Provided).
Set your phone timer/alarm for 15 minutes so the alarm goes off loudly after 15 minutes.
When the presenter’s time has lapsed, hold up the “TIME” card (signage provided).
Please note, if a presenter goes over time with the presentation, their Q&A period will be shortened to a maximum of 20 minutes. If a presentation is less than 15 minutes, the presenter still has the full 20 minutes which can be used for a longer Q&A.
- Thank speakers & audience
At the end of each session, please thank all of the presenters and announce the length of the break and what time people should return for the next session. (See Schedule).
If there are any technical difficulties, please contact the Registration desk.