- Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Dalhousie University
- Rowe Management Building
- Address: 6100 University Avenue, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 3J5, Canada
- The conference will start on Saturday, September 14 at 8:30am and end on Sunday, September 15 at 4:00pm.
- If your schedule permits, we highly encourage you to arrive earlier on Friday, September 13 to have more time to explore the city. There are lots of things to see and do!
- Visit Destination Halifax for more information about the city of Halifax
- Many people do not require a visa to visit Canada. Visit Citizenship & Immigration Canada website to find out whether you will need to apply for a travel visa in order to enter Canada as a visitor and how to apply for one. (Visitor Visa Exemptions countries and territories)
- Airport: Halifax Stanfield International Airport (YHZ) – http://www.hiaa.ca/
- Taxi and limousine services are available in front of the domestic arrivals area. Taxi fare to downtown Halifax is $63 (flat rate, includes HST)+tip. Travel Time to downtown Halifax will take approximately 30-40 minutes.
- Bus service ($3.25 Exact Change) Once you exit the baggage claim area and enter the arrival area, look for the Starbucks, walk pass the Starbucks towards the Main Lobby/Food Court area (Tim’s Horton, Burger King). Look for the escalator leading to the lower level across from the Food Court area. Take the escalator downstairs and follow the pathway to the exit. The Metro Transit bus stop will be to the left of the exit. Look for bus #320 (Schedule) Note: The #320 bus runs very infrequently at night. The ride will take ~1 hr and will drop you off in downtown. ( Note: Many of the conference hotels are within ~ 20-25 min walking distance of the final bus stop. Consider hailing a taxi to your hotel.)
- Atlantica Hotel
- Address: 1980 Robie St, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3H 3G5 CANADA
- A Special Discount Rate of $145 (+ 2% marketing levy and 15% tax) based on single or double occupancy. Each additional person will be charged $15.00 per room/per night (maximum of four people). Rate includes: local calling, wifi internet access, parking.
- Atlantica Executive Floor rooms are available at an additional $45.00 single and double occupancy. Executive Floor rooms include upgraded amenities; turn down service, full hot breakfast daily in Seasons by Atlantica, free Canada-wide long distance service and coupon for daily complimentary appetizer in the Seasons by Atlantica Lounge.
- All contracted rates are guaranteed for 2 days prior to your arrival and 2 days after the scheduled departure subject to availability.
- Guests must call the hotel at 1-902-423-1161 or toll free at 1-888-810-7288 or email at [email protected] by 12/08/2013 and mentioned “Social Media Lab” to book this special rate and will be on their own for all charges.
Address: 1496 Hollis Street, Halifax,Nova Scotia, B3J 3Z1 Canada
A Special Discount Rate of $155 (+ 2% marketing levy and 15% tax) for a Traditional Guestroom (two queen beds or one king) based on single or double occupancy. Rate includes: local calling, high-speed internet access, in-room mini fridge and bottled water (replenished daily).
Guests must call the hotel at 1-866-444-9494 by 12/08/2013 and mentioned “2013 International Conference on Social Media & Society” to book this special rate and will be on their own for all charges.
- The Westin Nova Scotian
- Address: 1181 Hollis Street, Halifax, NS, B3H 2P6 Canada
- Call to find out special rates for Dalhousie University guests: 1-888-627-8553
- Residence Inn Halifax Downtown
- Address: 1599 Grafton St., Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 2C3 Canada
- Call to find out special rates for Dalhousie University guests: 1-866-422-0493
- The Halifax Heritage House Hostel
- Rate varies (starting at ~$26) for a Dorm-style Guestroom.
- Guests must visit: http://www.hihostels.com/dba/hostels-HI—Halifax-011008.en.htm to book a bed in a shared room and will be on their own for all charges.
- Other hotels, B&Bs, rentals: http://www.destinationhalifax.com/visitors/where-to-stay and https://www.airbnb.ca/s/Halifax–NS–Canada