2013 Submission website (Closed)
All submissions must be via the EasyChair website at: (Submission Closed, See Accepted Papers Here)
Types of submissions
(1) Paper abstracts (Submission Closed, See Accepted Papers Here)
Paper abstracts provide authors the opportunity to present their original work related to the broad theme of social media and society.
- Proposals should be in the form of an abstract (approximately 500 words, excluding references)
- Paper abstracts must be on a completed or well-developed project relating to the main theme of the workshop.
- If selected, the author(s) will be invited to give a 15-minute oral presentation followed by a 5 min Q&A period.
(2) Panel presentations (Submission Closed, See Accepted Panels Here)
Panel presentations provide authors the option of organizing three related papers/talks together in a thematic session.
- Panels will be 60 minutes with 15 minutes for each presentation and 15 minutes for discussion.
- A panel submission must include an abstract summarizing the overall theme of the panel.
(3) Research poster presentations (Submission Closed, Accepted Posters will be announced on June 15, 2013)
The research poster session provides an interactive forum for authors to discuss their research.
- Posters will display visual presentations of research projects. Proposals should be in the form of a short abstract (up to 500 words, excluding references).
- If selected, author(s) will have an opportunity to present their poster as part of a dedicated poster session.
- Posters should be no larger than 4 ft wide by 3 ft high.
- Poster boards and push pins will be supplied.
- Paper & Panel Submission deadline: May 1, 2013
- Paper & Panel Notification date: May 20, 2013
- Poster Submission deadline: May 30, 2013
- Poster Notification date: June 15, 2013
- Conference dates: September 14-15, 2013
All submissions will be peer-reviewed by the Program Committee and evaluated based on their relevance and potential contribution to the conference. All of the accepted abstracts will be published on the conference website after the event and promoted through various media channels. The conference presentations will also be streamed online and recorded.