Information for Paper Presenters
- Bring your slides on a USB key (also have a backup copy somewhere online), we will have a Windows computer (with Internet access) and projector available for your use.
- You are welcome to use your laptop. Important: If you are using a Mac computer, please bring a VGA->Mini DisplayPort adapter.
- You will have a total of 20 min for your presentation (15 for slides/talk + 5 min for Q&A)
- Here is the link to a helpful post on “How to Give a Fabulous Academic Presentation: Five Tips to Follow”
Information for Panel Presenters
- Coordinate panel introductions, moderation, content and format with your fellow panelists before the conference.
- You and your fellow panelists will have a total of 1 hour.
Information for Poster Presenters
- Here is a guide on “How to Create a Research Poster”
You are responsible for printing and bringing your poster to the event.
- Poster boards (and velcro tape) will be supplied.
- Poster Size Options
- Suggested places to print your poster
- Bring your poster with you to the conference on July 18 or 19 and leave it with our volunteers at the registration desk between 8:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Our volunteers will set up your poster for you.
- The poster session/reception will be on July 19 at 17:00 (5pm).
Information for Session Moderators
- Identify the number of presentations for your session and allotted time
- Introduce speakers and presentations including: the speaker’s name, affiliation, presentation title.
- Example:We have X numbers of presentations in this session on [name of session]. First up is [name of presenter(s)], from [affiliation] presenting on [title of paper].
- Monitor time of presentations. Presentation time limits:
- All papers = 20 minutes (15-minute presentation + 5-minute Q&A)
- Provide the presenter with a 5 & 2-minute notification (Signage Provided).
- Set your phone timer/alarm for 15 minutes so the alarm goes off loudly after 15 minutes.
- When the presenter’s time has lapsed, hold up the “TIME” card (signage provided).
- Please note, if a presenter goes over time with the presentation, their Q&A period will be shortened to a maximum of 20 minutes. If a presentation is less than 15 minutes, the presenter still has the full 20 minutes which can be used for a longer Q&A.
- Thank speakers & audience
- At the end of each session, please thank all of the presenters and announce the length of the break and what time people should return for the next session. (See Schedule).
- If there are any technical difficulties, please contact the Registration desk.