#SMSociety15 is a two day conference (July 28-29) with an optional one day of pre-conference workshops (July 27). If your schedule permits, we encourage you to register for all three days.
- Ryerson University – Ted Rogers School of Management (55 Dundas Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C5)
- Many people do not require a visa to visit Canada. Visit Citizenship & Immigration Canada to find out whether you will need to apply for a travel visa and how to apply for one.
Travel to Toronto:
There are two airports serving Toronto.
- Taxis to downtown Toronto. Cost ~ $55.00 + tip (~ 30-60 minutes). Follow signs to the taxi queue.
- Downtown Express Bus coach service provides direct transportation to a number of downtown Toronto hotels. The bus leaves from Terminal 1 and 3 and you can purchase at the booth upon arrival or online. Cost ~ $28.00 (~ 45-90 minutes).
- Union Pearson Express Train – $27.50 (one way) (~25 min between the airport and downtown Union train station).
- Public Transit – Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) There is no direct public transit, but there are city buses that connect to the subway system. Cost $3.00 (~ 60-90 minutes).
- 1. You can catch the 192 Airport Rocket bus on the lowest level of either terminal (column R4 in terminal 1, columns C8-C12 in terminal 3).
- 2. At Kipling subway station (the last stop on the bus), transfer to the eastbound Bloor/Danforth subway line.
- 3. For most downtown hotels, transfer to a southbound subway train at either St. George or Yonge station.
- 4. Make sure you find out the closest stop to your hotel in advance. Note that not all subway stations have elevators or escalators, so you might have to climb a flight of stairs.
- The airport is located in downtown Toronto and you get to enjoy the world’s shortest ferry ride. A ferry service connects the airport to downtown every 15 minutes (it’s free!)
- There is a complimentary shuttle that will take you to Union Station so you can take the subway to the nearest stop to your hotel.
- Taxis are located in-terminal and cost about $10 to downtown.
Travel in Toronto:
- In the city, you can use the TTC for subway, streetcars, and buses ($3.00). On the weekend, you can buy an unlimited one-day travel pass for $11.00 on all regular TTC routes for two people.
- Toronto is a very walkable city and the best way to enjoy the city is on foot.
Parking in Toronto:
- The conference venue is located downtown Toronto and there are several options for parking.
- Check out Toronto’s Parking Authority Website (parking.green.com) or download the App (Green P) to your iOS device
- The conference will take place during regular work days, so please arrive earlier to find a parking spot.
Accommodations in Toronto:
Please book your accommodation for #SMSociety15 ASAP. Hotels in Toronto are likely to be very busy during the week of July 26, 2015 due to the extra 150,000+ people expected to be attending/participating in this year’s Pan Am Games. For your convenience, we have compiled a list of accommodations near the conference venue (55 Dundas St W). The conference has no relationship with any of the providers and receives no financial return from any of these providers. Any rates/discounts mentioned are presented as a reference and might be higher at the time of your booking. We encourage you to shop around and book early.
- Visit See Toronto Now for the official tourism site or Toronto.com to see what’s happening in the city.