The organizing committee of the 9th Annual International Conference on Social Media and Society (#SMSociety) invites you to visit wonderful Copenhagen on July 18-20, 2018 to experience scholarly inspiration and Nordic design excellence, architecture brilliance, gastronomic creativity, and social inclusiveness. The 2018 conference will be held at the Copenhagen Business School and hosted by the Centre for Business Data Analytics. This year’s theme is on “Networked Influence and Virality — REVISITED”.
- Please register by May 1, 2018 to lock in the early-bird rate: http://socialmediaandsociety.org/registration/
The Conference offers an intensive 3-day program including hands-on workshops, full & work-in-progress papers, panels, and posters featuring the latest in social media research. Our interdisciplinary community brings researchers from a wide variety of disciplines including Communication, Information Science, Education, Journalism, Management, Computer Science, Political Science, Sociology, Health, and other fields. This year, we are honoured to have a highly distinguished scholar and leader as our keynote speaker:
Prof. Karine Nahon – the elected president of the Israel Internet Association (ISOC-IL), an Associate Professor of Information Science in the Lauder School of Government and Ofer School of Communications at the Interdisciplinary Center at Herzliya (IDC), Israel, and an Affiliated Associate Professor in the Information School at University of Washington (UW).
We hope you can join us for this exciting event and contribute to this emerging research area! If you have any questions about the conference, please email us at: email@example.com or visit our website at http://socialmediaandsociety.org/
2018 #SMSociety Organizing Committee:
- Anatoliy Gruzd, Ryerson University – Conference Chair
- Ravi Vatrapu, Copenhagen Business School – Local Conference Chair
- Jenna Jacobson, Ryerson University – Conference Chair
- Philip Mai, Ryerson University – Conference Chair
- Anabel Quan-Haase, Western University – Panel Chair
- Luke Sloan, Cardiff University – Panel Chair
- K. Hazel Kwon, Arizona State University –WIP Papers Chair
- Jeff Hemsley, Syracuse University – WIP Papers Chair
- Jaigris Hodson, Royal Roads University – Poster Chair