The Conference is almost here! If you are presenting a Full or WIP paper at the conference, then this post is for you!
You will have 15 min for your presentation followed by a 5 min Q&A. See more logistical info at http://socialmediaandsociety.org/presenters-info/
Keep in mind that the goal for your presentation is not to present everything from your research, but highlight the most interesting results, so that you can generate interesting discussions, receive useful feedback from the audience, and encourage them to read your paper published in the Proceedings.
Here are some additional tips to make the most out of your presentation:
- Practice, practice, practice! We suggest you do a ‘dry run’ of your talk to improve the flow and timing of your presentation (General guideline of 1 slide per min);
- Include a link to the full-text of your published paper in the Proceedings. The Proceedings will go live on Day 1 of the conference, but you can already find a unique URL for your paper at http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=3097286&picked=prox
- Number your slides, it will make it easier for people to take notes and ask questions;
- Feel free to incorporate the conference banner in your slide deck. You can download it at http://socialmediaandsociety.org/smsociety17-topbanner/ or our small conference logo at http://socialmediaandsociety.org/sms_logo_small/
- If you are a Twitter user, include your Twitter handle(s) at the bottom of each slide;
- BEFORE your talk, tweet (or blog) about your talk with a link to the Sched entry which will show the room number and time of your talk: https://smsociety17.sched.com (Don’t forget to include the conference hashtag #SMSociety).
- RIGHT BEFORE/AFTER your talk, share your presentation slides via a slide sharing website such as Slideshare. Tip: you can display a bit.ly link to your slidedeck at the beginning of your presentation.
Be sure to create your custom conference schedule on Sched (https://smsociety17.sched.com) where you can sign up for workshops and sessions.
We hope you have a safe trip to Toronto and we look forward to seeing you at the conference!