As many of you are currently in the process of preparing your work for submission to 2017 International Conference on Social Media and Society, here are some useful info for you to consider:
Item 1: 2017 Conference Theme
- The theme for the 2017 #SMSociety is “Social Media for Social Good or Evil”. We encourage authors to relate to this year’s conference theme if possible, but it is not a requirement. You can find the CFP available at (https://socialmediaandsociety.org/2016/cfp-2017-international-conference-social-media-society/)
Item 2: Connect to our growing community of social media researchers
- Where appropriate, we encourage authors to connect their current research to previously published full papers from past years:
- Conferences Proceedings available at (http://dl.acm.org/results.cfm?within=owners.owner%3DHOSTED&srt=_score&query=SMSociety&Go.x=0&Go.y=0)
- WIP Extended Abstracts from 2016 (https://smsociety16.sched.com/) or 2015 (https://smsociety15.sched.com/)
Item 3: Submit as Full paper or Work-In-Progress (WIP)?
- Full papers (up to 10 pages) must present a completed or well-developed project; that is: you analyzed your data and have some tangible (and interesting) results to report.
- WIP papers provide authors the opportunity to present their preliminary and ongoing work related to the broad theme of social media and society. They must be 5 page long.
Item 4: Submission must be *original*
- Ensure that your submission (either Full or WIP paper) is original = not published or accepted in any other journal or conference proceedings and currently not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Item 5: Submission must be *anonymized*
- All submissions will be blind reviewed. To ensure that there will be no delays, please anonymize your work. Here are some useful guides to help you with this:
Item 6: Use the Correct Format
- Format and submit your paper, carefully following the Submission Instructions at https://socialmediaandsociety.org/submit/
Item 7: Questions? Contact us
- If in doubt, email us at email@example.com