After a year of planning and preparations, it’s hard to believe that the 2016 Conference is now officially part of the history. But what amazing three days they were. Thank you to all Volunteers, Attendees, Presenters, Program Committee, Partners and everyone who made this year’s conference a huge success!
Let’s do it again! Mark your calendar, the 2017 International Conference on Society Media & Society will be in Toronto on July 28-30, 2017. (CfP will be released in September.)
In case you missed the conference this year (or just want to relive some highlights), here is a list of online resources for you:
- ACM Conference Proceeding featuring 24 full papers: http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2930971&preflayout=flat
- SMSociety Special Issue in Information, Communication & Society: http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rics20/19/9
- SMSociety Special Theme papers in Big Data & Society: http://bds.sagepub.com/content/social-media-society
- Photo Moments from the Conference https://www.flickr.com/photos/64501599@N06/sets/72157668299970733/
Also not to be missed, here is a list of blog posts by the conference attendees:
- Live blogging by Axel Bruns: http://snurb.info/taxonomy/term/156
- Conference recap blog post by Mary Cavanagh: https://mfcavanagh.wordpress.com/2016/07/28/social-media-and-society-conference-2016-smsociety/
- Social Data Through an Academic Lens by Jason Harris: https://blog.sysomos.com/2016/07/19/social-data-through-an-academic-lens/
- Curated list of #SMSociety tweets by Bernadette Keefe: https://storify.com/nxtstop1/day-3-intl-conf-social-media-society-london-july-1
If we missed your blog post about the conference or your SMSociety research, please add a link below.