- Please review the Conference Program and note the time of your session:
If you are presenting a PAPER at the conference, please
- Bring your slides on a USB key (also have a backup copy somewhere online), we will have a Window computer (with Internet access) and projector available for your use.
- If you are presenting a WIP paper, you will have a total of 15 min for your presentation (10 for slides/talk + 5 min for Q&A)
- If you are presenting a full paper, you will have a total of 20 min for your presentation (15 for slides/talk + 5 min for Q&A)
- Remember the Rule of Thumb: ~1 slide per min. Also, here is the link to a helpful post on “How to Give a Fabulous Academic Presentation: Five Tips to Follow” http://getalifephd.blogspot.ca/2011/04/how-to-give-fabulous-academic.html
If you are on a PANEL, please
- Coordinate panel introductions, moderation, content and format with your fellow panelists before the conference.
- You and your fellow panelists will have a total of 1 hour.
If you are presenting a POSTER, please note:
- You are responsible for printing and bringing your poster to the event. See the size guidelines at http://socialmediaandsociety.org/2015/poster-presentations/
- If you are arriving early, you can print your poster (or other conference materials) in Toronto. Here are 2 options close to the conference venue:
- Bring your poster with you to the conference on Tuesday, July 28 and leave it with our volunteers at the registration desk between 8:30am-1:00pm. Our volunteers will set up your poster for you.
- The poster session/reception will run from 4:30pm (16:30) to 7:00pm (19:00) on Tuesday, July 28. Please feel free to leave your poster up for viewing on the next day of the conference.
- Here is a link to a guide on “How to Create a Research Poster”: http://nyu.v1.libguides.com/friendly.php?s=posters
- We will have a table setup by the registration desk to feature any books, flyers about recently published books or upcoming events relevant to the conference theme. If you have flyers about your recently published work or social media-related event that you would like to promote, please feel free to bring copies along and leave on the authors’ table.
- Also, if you are a book author and would like to give away a copy of your book as part of the Best Poster Award prizes, please let us know.
We look forward to meeting you. Safe travels!
#SMSociety15 Organizing Committee