Dear #SMSociety15 Participants,
This blog post will give you a quick run-through of the essential information for the upcoming 2015 Social Media & Society Conference on July 27-29 in Toronto, Canada.
- If you registered to attend the workshops on Monday, July 27, please create an account on Sched at http://smsociety15.sched.org and select two workshops that you plan to attend by clicking on the “Add to My Sched” button (You can change your mind on the day of the workshop). This will help the workshop organizers to prepare and get in touch with you with additional information before and after the workshop.
- Check out the Conference Travel Page (http://socialmediaandsociety.org/travel-venue/ ) for more information about where to stay, airport transportation and conference venue.
- The conference will be in the Ted Rogers School of Management at Ryerson University at 55 Dundas Street West, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2C5 (See Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/CwZmH).
- The closest subway stop to the conference venue is the “Dundas Square” stop on the Yonge-University (Yellow/#1) subway line.
- Once you enter the building, take the escalator or elevator to the 7th floor (also called TRS-1) to register.
- Registration and continental breakfast starts at 8:30am. Please arrive early!
- The conference Program is available at http://socialmediaandsociety.org/2015-schedule/ (If you have not already done so, please create an account on Sched and e-meet your fellow attendees.)
- Please join us for a Reception at the Ryerson Social Media Lab at 10 Dundas St E. on Monday, July 27 (5:00pm-7pm). (See Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/aotrH ) All workshop and conference attendees are welcome to attend this event!
- Please also join us for the Networking event at Pogue Mahone Irish Pub at 777 Bay Street on Tuesday, July 28 (7:30pm-10:30pm). (See Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/fuSOv ) Please note: You can also reach Pogue Mahone directly via 33 College Street, Toronto, ON. Light appetizers will be provided by the conference. More info at http://sched.co/3fcH
Toronto’s Time Zone
- Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) – http://localtimes.info/North_America/Canada/Ontario/
- If you have any questions before your arrival or when you are in Toronto, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @SocMediaConf
We look forward to meeting you. Safe travels!
#SMSociety15 Organizing Committee